The question continues to be asked: “Do I need a website for a small business?” Even with social media grabbing more and more attention, the answer is the same as it was 15 years ago: “YES, you need a website!”
Here are a few things to consider:
- Your website is open 24-7. Even when you are making sales visits, helping clients, eating or sleeping, your website is open for business and selling your product or service.
- Your website is your identity. Those “yellow” books that list businesses are a thing of the past. People who are looking for what you do will Google you. Period.
- Online advertising reaches more people and is cheaper. Compare the ongoing costs of a website (especially one you can edit on your own) to print ads, television, billboards, etc. And who looks at those?
- Reach further. Remember, it is the WORLD wide web… your reach is only limited by what you offer.
- Be relevant. With blogs and editable websites, you can have your most current info in front of potential customers, today!
- Stand out! With a well-designed website, potential customers see that you take your business seriously, and will then seriously consider you.
In an age where more and more social sites compete for our attention, the standard website is still the expected .com location for all serious businesses. This article (a little dated, but still so true) sheds some more light on the importance of a good website for your business: Why You Need a Website. And, don’t forget to contact us to discuss your own website needs. It’s what we do!
(Photo courtesy rajcreationzs, freedigitalphotos.net)