by Mike Liebensohn, Guest Blogger
Is your website working hard for you? Here are three reasons why using video can dramatically increase your online presence and authority, and make the most of the web.
#1: Video Helps You Rank Higher In The Search Engines
- Google loves video! In a search result showing both plain text websites and videos, more people click videos
- Having video on your website makes it 50x’s more likely to show up on page 1 of Google
- TIP: Host your videos on YouTube to get even more exposure from this #2 search engine (4 billion views per day!)
#2: Video Increase Conversions
- If a picture is worth a thousand words, then a video is worth a million.
- Video helps to “slow down” and engage your visitors so they stay on your website longer
- We’ve all been trained to believe that people on a screen are the experts – that they’re “important”. Video gives you an edge and elevates your status in your prospects’ subconscious minds =)
#3: Video Serves Your Customers
- A welcome video can help new visitors know what to do on your website
- Having FAQ videos can better serve your customers and cut down on customer service calls. (these days people would rather look online vs picking up the phone!)
- Make educational videos so prospects can more easily (and more quickly) make a buying decision.
- For more statistics on video marketing & YouTube, see this blog post:
Some Quick Facts About Online Video Marketing
- To see examples of some of these strategies at work, watch this 3 minute video: http://ctlocalmarketing.com/
About Mike Liebensohn:
Mike’s specialty is helping business owners, professionals, and experts get more people to know, like, and trust them – leading to increased sales, repeat business, and referrals. Mike owns CT Local Marketing, a Shelton CT based company that offers Video Production, Video SEO, Email Marketing, and Strategic Consulting. Your questions are welcomed!